Brake Fluid Change Service Indicator - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 02:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Boxbrownie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Boxbrownie Send a message via MSN to Boxbrownie
(Thread Starter)
Hello there, a quick question for service reset experts here, I have reset my service lights without problem, or much problem, but now the little clock symbol comes up when I key on along with the green LED's, is this normal? I thought it indicated a brake fluid change was due.....and if so why has it come up now I have reset the indicators and how can I reset the clock symbol as well?

Best regards David

UK 318Ti 98MY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-19-2005, 09:42 AM
5th Gear Member

billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute billB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to billB
Quote:
Originally posted by Boxbrownie@Feb 18 2005, 03:29 PM
Hello there, a quick question for service reset experts here, I have reset my service lights without problem, or much problem, but now the little clock symbol comes up when I key on along with the green LED's, is this normal? I thought it indicated a brake fluid change was due.....and if so why has it come up now I have reset the indicators and how can I reset the clock symbol as well?

Best regards David

UK 318Ti 98MY
[snapback]294477[/snapback]
Are you sure you not talking about the cruise control symbol here activated by the a button on the dash?? green service light disappear one after the other then you get the service light/service soon stuff clock has nothing to do with it
#3 (permalink) Old 02-19-2005, 04:14 PM
quality

Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
It means its time to buy a new car.....

kidding,
you have a 318ti in the UK version, not sure if anyone here is familiar with that...but you maywant to check in your BMW manual or PM...BMWBEauty318 she has a 318ti.....

#4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2005, 03:42 AM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
[quote=Delmarco,Feb 19 2005, 11:14 PM]
It means its time to buy a new car.....

Again? JEEZ........had to sell the 850i because a mudflap fell off!!!!!!

Billb.......nope.....its definately indicating a brake fluid chnage is due, I know exactly what it means according to the handbook, what I wanted to know is how do I reset this particular indicator, I managed to reset the normal green/amber/red service lights using the "short to earth" method, but the brake fluid change light still persists!

Best regards David

PS.........it has actually been about 15 years since I owned my last BMW and buying this cheap little runabout (318Ti) from the local paper has reminded me why I had them in the past.
#5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2005, 04:02 AM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
OK.......all done........had another quick poke under the hood and this time all the lights reset as I thought they should have, although this time I reset by shorting between pin 7 and pin 19.......I dont think it should make a difference than shorting from an earth point on the vehicle as I tried before, but maybe just luck, it did!

Best regards David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)