BMW Werkz banner

Brake Fluid Change Service Indicator

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Boxbrownie 
#1 ·
Hello there, a quick question for service reset experts here, I have reset my service lights without problem, or much problem, but now the little clock symbol comes up when I key on along with the green LED's, is this normal? I thought it indicated a brake fluid change was due.....and if so why has it come up now I have reset the indicators and how can I reset the clock symbol as well?

Best regards David

UK 318Ti 98MY

#2 ·
Originally posted by Boxbrownie@Feb 18 2005, 03:29 PM
Hello there, a quick question for service reset experts here, I have reset my service lights without problem, or much problem, but now the little clock symbol comes up when I key on along with the green LED's, is this normal? I thought it indicated a brake fluid change was due.....and if so why has it come up now I have reset the indicators and how can I reset the clock symbol as well?

Best regards David

UK 318Ti 98MY
[snapback]294477[/snapback]​
Are you sure you not talking about the cruise control symbol here activated by the a button on the dash?? green service light disappear one after the other then you get the service light/service soon stuff clock has nothing to do with it

#4 ·
It means its time to buy a new car.....

Again? JEEZ........had to sell the 850i because a mudflap fell off!!!!!!

Billb.......nope.....its definately indicating a brake fluid chnage is due, I know exactly what it means according to the handbook, what I wanted to know is how do I reset this particular indicator, I managed to reset the normal green/amber/red service lights using the "short to earth" method, but the brake fluid change light still persists!

Best regards David

PS.........it has actually been about 15 years since I owned my last BMW and buying this cheap little runabout (318Ti) from the local paper has reminded me why I had them in the past.

#5 ·
OK.......all done........had another quick poke under the hood and this time all the lights reset as I thought they should have, although this time I reset by shorting between pin 7 and pin 19.......I dont think it should make a difference than shorting from an earth point on the vehicle as I tried before, but maybe just luck, it did!

Best regards David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.