BMW Werkz banner

Bought Used Carbon Fiber Hood

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  xxxbimmer 
#1 ·
was wondering what kind of maintenance i should perform?,
how to remove and reinstall roundel,
and what is the best cleaning,waxing combo for carbon fiber hoods?

#2 ·
i believe that for the roundel, you need to get those little clip thingys from bavauto...

as for the washing/waxing, i would believe that you treat it the same way as anything else!

got any pics?

#3 ·
i have a carbon fiber hood and i refused to drill two holes into it so my roundel is held on the hood via sillicon and its been holding for about 8 months so no problems here, i jus had heard drilling holes in the hood could cause it to start cracking

#4 ·
Originally posted by 325is1994@Feb 13 2005, 02:10 AM
i have a carbon fiber hood and i refused to drill two holes into it so my roundel is held on the hood via sillicon and its been holding for about 8 months so no problems here, i jus had heard drilling holes in the hood could cause it to start cracking
[snapback]290865[/snapback]​
how did you get the roundel off the stock hood?

what kind of sillicon and where can i get it? i dont want to drill either.

i believe that for the roundel, you need to get those little clip thingys from bavauto...

as for the washing/waxing, i would believe that you treat it the same way as anything else!

got any pics?
i dont have the hood yet.. i get it on monday. i will post pics when i get it on.

#5 ·
Originally posted by sabbath130+Feb 13 2005, 02:54 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sabbath130 @ Feb 13 2005, 02:54 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-325is1994@Feb 13 2005, 02:10 AM
[snapback]290865[/snapback]​
how did you get the roundel off the stock hood?

what kind of sillicon and where can i get it? i dont want to drill either.

got any pics?
i dont have the hood yet.. i get it on monday. i will post pics when i get it on.
[snapback]290875[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Take a small flat head screw driver and a rag, pry it up until you can fit your finger under it and pull up.

Go to any auto parts store and get a good two part epoxy if you don't want to drill.

#10 ·
You could just buy a new roundel and try to sell you stock hood on ebay along with the old roundel you could probally get more for it with the stock BMW roundel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.