Body Lifting Pads and Headliners - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2006, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gear Member

Car: 2012 328i
Photos:
BeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond reputeBeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute
Body Lifting Pads and Headliners

So, my headliner had been going to shit for a loonnggg time. I finally found one in perfect shape from the junkyard for $70 and straight out replaced it. Looks beautiful. A month earlier, I found some body lifting pads at the yard that someone had stolen from underneath my car like a year ago... and didn't think much of it, right? Well, a friend of mine had been looking up shit on the computer and found a recall for those body lifting pads. It seems that, without those pads, people were complaining of wind noise... and it caused people's headliner's to fall down, too! Crazy, huh?
BeachBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2006, 03:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Crazy indeed
Old 01-09-2006, 07:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
General Chaos

Car: ///M3,Corolla
Photos:
SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBunny
So, my headliner had been going to shit for a loonnggg time. I finally found one in perfect shape from the junkyard for $70 and straight out replaced it. Looks beautiful. A month earlier, I found some body lifting pads at the yard that someone had stolen from underneath my car like a year ago... and didn't think much of it, right? Well, a friend of mine had been looking up shit on the computer and found a recall for those body lifting pads. It seems that, without those pads, people were complaining of wind noise... and it caused people's headliner's to fall down, too! Crazy, huh?

wtf:

that makes no sense! loll jack pads casuing head liner to fall??

hahaa damn germans...
Old 01-09-2006, 09:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
/Banned

Car:
Photos:
Dirty Martini is on a distinguished road
With the jacking pads missing, wind enters the body from the bottom, races up the "A" pillar and exits at the windshield causing the headliner to peel back from the leading edge. Also creates an irritating noise similiar to blowing over the top of a soda bottle.
Dirty Martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Live Fast. Drive Faster.

Car:
Photos:
buuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond reputebuuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to buuhh99
^right on

buuhh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
ex owner/admin

Car: turbo e36 325/s50 and e46 330xi
Photos:
Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
lol beach good investigative work my dear.. jackpads are very notorious for falling off, i had to actually replace 3 (2 were missing , one was mangled) and this time we used silicone to make sure that all 3 plus the remaining one would have a better chance of survival. as for the headliner you should have gotten the black one from out of an M3, black headliner is back in!
Old 01-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
7th Gear (SMG)

Car:
Photos:
4evrwyntr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 4evrwyntr Send a message via MSN to 4evrwyntr Send a message via Yahoo to 4evrwyntr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Martini
With the jacking pads missing, wind enters the body from the bottom, races up the "A" pillar and exits at the windshield causing the headliner to peel back from the leading edge. Also creates an irritating noise similiar to blowing over the top of a soda bottle.
I think you just solved the issue with my m3's 100+ mph "wind noise". IIRC my car (which is currently in shop) was missing its jacking pads.

Thank you.

Crap, I think I may be a yuppie...
1998 BMW e36 M3 Sedan
2003 MINI Cooper
4evrwyntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Car: 1995 BMW M3
Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
Really???

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
///M Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
7th Gear (SMG)

Car:
Photos:
4evrwyntr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 4evrwyntr Send a message via MSN to 4evrwyntr Send a message via Yahoo to 4evrwyntr
At least, it didn't have pads when I first got it on a lift to stare at the marvelous suspension. Does it normally not?

Crap, I think I may be a yuppie...
1998 BMW e36 M3 Sedan
2003 MINI Cooper
4evrwyntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)