BMW Werkz banner

Body kit question

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  tomctx 
#1 ·
I was talking to one of the autobody guys i need to take my car to get repainted and a couple dings banged out. I told him in passing that i was interested in putting a body kit on the car and he told me not to becuase they all suck. He said they're cheap and they usually dont fit right.

What are your experiences with you're body kit? I was just checking a few out and saw this one that looks nice. Its just a front bumper:

http://www.estrictlyforeign.com/asp/product.asp?category=1&ID=303

Any experience with this kit?

#8 ·
Id say to get a nice front bumper as well, perhaps a rear. I say rear just because our cars look so low from the front and sides... but the rear is high up.

I worked at a body shop for about a year and a half, most shops dont like messng around with non OEM parts first off, second, as perfect as an aftermarket body kit claims to be... it never is perfect.

If you want a nice look, get nice front & rear bumpers, and get stock side skirts. (You may have them, or not, idk since you dont have a pic of your car.) My 328i has painted skirts and many people who dont have a BMW ask if I have a kit on...

#10 ·
I think the e36 M3 front bumper is way overplayed. Im not into the ricey look either, but i dont want you're vanilla m3 bumper on a 318 (what i've got). I want something nice. Oh well, i cant afford a new body kit right now anyway. Im busy dumping 5grand on my convertible top, body work, and paint. All this just to get it looking like it was 1995 again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.