Bmw Pads - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 08:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Henri is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hello!

I know there are a lot of posts concerning brake pads. Where I live, I can't find a part store that sells EBC, Hawk or AXXISS pads... don't know why but they all sell unknown brands...

I found Raybestos (wich is known but no one ever wrote about them here), Wagner Thermoquiet (?) and Bendix (?).

I also found a place that sells Bosch brake pads... anyone ever tried this? Usually Bosch is great but... ?

Last question: my brake pad warning light came on... I know what it means... the problem is that it can turn off for 1 hour sometime... that's strange? I was sure that when the sensor was touched, the light stays on until I change the sensor, right?

Thanks for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 09:54 AM
quality

Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Check Bavauto.com for cheap and great OE pads...Mintex and Pagids are best...but if you want fancier pads then check elsewhere on the web...you can see some places recommended in our DIY section.

As for your brake light....the light is intermittent during the early phase of warning that you either need new components or something is wrong with brakes.

However, I'm not sure if you meant that the light came on after you changed your pads and rotors...if so...then you MUST replace sensor wires as well. This will cause the light to come on.

good luck.

#3 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 11:14 AM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
No i didn't changed a brake part yet, will take an appointment with a bmw mechanic next week... but I know he will tell me to put "original bmw pads" and I want better :-(

So you think it's OK if the light is intermittent right now? I presume it's not an emergency issue

Anyone tried Bosch brakes?? Is it better than BMW? I don't really like to purchase on the web from usa online stores, last time on a 150$ order, i had to pay an extra 75$ for shipping!!... I'm only in Montreal, not in australia

Thanks
#4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 02:19 PM
ex owner/admin

Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
ive never tried bosch brake pads but if your looking for a close to home BMW website that sells OE and aftermarket parts get in touch with eric at ultimatebmwparts.com hes located in quebec.

as for the light you do need to change the sensor with every pad change its required or else the light will continue to stay on

#5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 05:26 PM
5th Gear Member

Rooz is an unknown quantity at this point
I buy OE rotors but use ceramic pads...

And also, changing brake pads is easy as crap, just got to be carefull with the sensor and use some moly lube why don't you guys diy it?

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking shit and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
#6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 09:05 AM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for your help guyz! I found a website that sells EBC brakes and that ship to my place for a "decent" price So i bought EBC GreenStuff

Perfect Brakes Web Site

(if anyone interested, they have nice prices also).

A friend of mine is able to change brake pads... I don't know what to do... some people told me I had to "turn the rotors" and "flush the brake fluid" and I don't think I can do this by myself... I'll try to find some DIY on that

Thanks
#7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 12:36 PM
5th Gear Member

Rooz is an unknown quantity at this point
lmao, whoever told you that deserve to be kicked in the balls. ON NON-BMW cars, yes you do need to turn rotors if they aren't leveled. And bleeding brakes is as easy as turning a screw....

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking shit and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
#8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 01:59 PM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Ok good to know about rotors :P

But for bleeding the brake fluid, I found a DIY that doesn't look *that* easy lol

DIY Brake Fluid Flush

Thanks
#9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 09:42 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

komodo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Henri@Aug 14 2005, 12:59 PM
Ok good to know about rotors :P
[snapback]369560[/snapback]
Not really... that means you have to buy new rotors constantly. haha
I just put Hawk HPS pads and Brembo rotors on a few weeks ago.
#10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 10:58 AM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
oh... really??

I put BMW rotors last year in august... I hope I will not have to change them with the rotors!!!
#11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 11:29 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

komodo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Delmarco@Aug 13 2005, 08:54 AM
Check Bavauto.com for cheap and great OE pads...Mintex and Pagids are best...but if you want fancier pads then check elsewhere on the web...you can see some places recommended in our DIY section.

As for your brake light....the light is intermittent during the early phase of warning that you either need new components or something is wrong with brakes.

However, I'm not sure if you meant that the light came on after you changed your pads and rotors...if so...then you MUST replace sensor wires as well. This will cause the light to come on.

good luck.
[snapback]369418[/snapback]
More Info To Follow Up on Delmarco's Suggestion - More Options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)