BMW Werkz banner

Bentley Service Manual?

6K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Wurzig-Drei 
#1 ·
Hey, I've heard some info. on the Bentley manual (version for E36). Does anyone here recommend it? there are a few things i'd like to have done to my car. Wondering if it'd be a good manual to go by for maintenance and/or quick mods.
1) The inside of the headlights are starting to 'fog' up, and would like to clean them, I need to know

2) Maybe add a small spoiler, equal or very close to the M3 spoiler.

In the future to perform various maintenance myself on the car, would the manual be a good investment? Anyone who has the manual and could post some of their opinions of it would be great. Thanks

Mike

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Don't know about the manual, but about the lights... as far as I know the american spec lights are sealed, so you can't really open them up unless you glue them back together. You should consider getting ZKW lights... much better anyway.

Daemon
:devil

#4 ·
One thing I found is that if you have a later model year (mine's a '98), some of the descriptions/pictures are not up to date. For example, I replaced the 4" HK speakers in the door, and the manual talked about (and showed pictures of) these metal brackets that needed to be unscrewed and removed, and how the battery had to be unplugged, the airbags disconnected, and the windows reset. But on the '98, the speakers do not have this bracket -- all you have to do is pop the door panel part way off, reach in and unscrew this plastic cowel and the speaker comes right out.

Usually the parts guys at your local BMW dealer can be quite helpful with this. Also, the folks you buy the new parts from can help as well -- the guys at Bavarian Auto have helped me with some aftermarket advice, though admittedly I haven't done too much. Yet.

Just something to be aware of. Otherwise, I think it can be a helpful tool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.