BMW Werkz banner

Bentley manual

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Q_BMW 
#1 ·
Who has one?

If you've got one, could you please post the section on removing the steering lock.

My Haynes manual doesn't say.

#6 ·
hey gator

can u post fig 8 please

Q

#9 ·
hey
well basically i am trying to remove my steering lock feature.

I will try it tonight, sticking a wire in and removing the key, lets see if that solves my problem.

anyone else know what wire to cut or what to remove so the steering never locks ?
Q

#11 ·
hey
i installed the push start button and a toggle switch on my car this weekend. the toggle switch puts the car on in run mode but the car wont start without the key in since the key is chipped. once the key is in the car starts.

If i do not turn the key and click it once , the steering remains locked, so i have a car with the engine on but cant steer. I am afraid if my cylinder lock freezes now, i can start my car but wont be able to unlock the wheel and thats why want to do this.

if i turn the key stick the wire and take it out, that will be fine, but the question is do i have to do that everytime i put the key in ? I wanna freeze my damm cylinder in run mode....lol

anyways , at work now, shal try this tonight
Q

#12 ·
I've got a feeling that the steering lock is mechanical, not electric...so cutting a wire won't help. I think that there's a pin in the locking cylender that is mechanically pulled out of some sort of hole when you move the key into the start position. If that's the case, then you'll need to find a way to cut off that pin to disable the steering wheel lock feature.

#13 ·
hey
thats what i was thining too frank, any idea which pin though ?
thanks
Q

#15 ·
hey guys
i tried doing what the instructions said but for some reason there is no
room for me to stick a wire in with the key in run position...anyone
been able to do what the instructions said ?

also this morning my cylinder lock froze, got the car on but steering remained
locked... :banghead

thanks for the help
Q

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.