BMW Werkz banner

B&m Short Shifter

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Roadhawk 
#1 ·
is it a good one or is the UUC one better.. i am looking into getting an B&M short shifter for my e36 328is.

#2 ·
Originally posted by socalguy@Feb 2 2005, 08:56 PM
is it a good one or is the UUC one better.. i am looking into getting an B&M short shifter for my e36 328is.
[snapback]285001[/snapback]​
I have the B&M in my Audi and its really a great shifter - very solid - not notchy (OK the smallest bit - but with some wear in it has pretty much gone away). I'm very happy with it - would never go back to stock. I had it installed at a local performance shop and the mechanic had never done a B&M before - but had done tons of UUCs - (after) he said that the B&M was much better - better built/more solid and shifted better - he was surprised himself. Its not as slick/smooth as the (factory) SS in my 330 ZHP - but its quite nice just the same. I never miss my gates anymore and the throws are great (I did a 25% reduction BTW). So I'd say go B&M without hesitation.... :thumbs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.