auxiliary fan - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2006, 01:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Messican

Car: 2000 2.3 Z3
Photos:
MiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MiguelACA
auxiliary fan

anybody know where i can get one for a decent price, those things are damn expensive....cheapest ive found on ebay are like 160 shipped...thanks...

A morning of awkwardness is better than a night of loneliness
MiguelACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2006, 11:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Hamfisted is on a distinguished road
That's about right....

That's probably a good price for that fan. They are just expensive because they have to be durable. Is your old fan just dead?

-Mike
Hamfisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Messican

Photos:
MiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
yea, well supposedly (sp?), my brother had it check out when it was his, and it wasnt working, they told him he needed a new one...how could i check if it really is dead?

Old 09-05-2006, 07:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Hamfisted is on a distinguished road
It's been dead that long?

Your AC suffers if that fan doesn't work. If you want to test just the fan, since you have to remove it anyway. After you get it out you'll see three wires in it's plug (the plug is behind the fan...). The brown wire is the ground, the blue wire is the high speed feed, the black/blue wire is the normal speed feed wire. Connect the brown wire's pin to a good ground then just touch a 12v source wire to either of the other wires and the fan should come on, either low speed or high speed depending on which wire you choose. If the fan works then the problem could be the two relays ( normal / high ).
Let me know what you find.

-Mike
Hamfisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Messican

Photos:
i know its not it not working, my stupid ac stops blowing cold when im at a stop for too long...but ill check that out tomorrow, thanks

Old 09-06-2006, 10:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
I got a cheapo fan from eBay last year and then it just broke on my while driving on the highway. The metal at the center got worn out. This was in a matter of two months after installation.

Get the good stuff. I think this is one area in which it is worth doing. I also thought, "Well, it is just a fan and an electric motor. Anybody can do that right." Pelican parts has them for $260. That is the lowest price I have seen on the web for that fan.

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)