Auto up for passenger window - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
basrite is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Auto up for passenger window

Hey peoples,

As we all know, the drivers side has a two stage switch.. push futher and it automatically goes completely down, or up.

The passenger switch is the same, can feel the dual nature of it, but you have to hold it down.

Is there a way to make it like the drivers side window?

J.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 12:25 PM
1st Gear Member

jmo69 is on a distinguished road
Garage
When you run the window up, hold the button for 10-15 sec after it's up. That should reset the auto-up function if the battery has been disconected recently. Hope that helps.

Cosmos schwartz metalic Sparco strut brace factory X-brace 55w 6000k HID w/LED angel eyes smoked Lamin-X blacked out sidemarkers,tails and brakelights. DDM smoked corners and pedals. 35% tint all around, Prosport water temp and oil pressure gauges, Home Depot lip, M3 rear diffuser ASC-T delete.
#3 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
JMO,

Ok tried that.. no go

It will auto down, just not auto up.

J.
#4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 09:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Garage
Just rechecked my Bentley and the only thing about the auto up/down is what I stated before, just didn't mention the part about having the door closed and fully opening before closing and holding the button for 5 seconds. If that doesn't do it, it may be the switch.

Cosmos schwartz metalic Sparco strut brace factory X-brace 55w 6000k HID w/LED angel eyes smoked Lamin-X blacked out sidemarkers,tails and brakelights. DDM smoked corners and pedals. 35% tint all around, Prosport water temp and oil pressure gauges, Home Depot lip, M3 rear diffuser ASC-T delete.
#5 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo69 View Post
Just rechecked my Bentley and the only thing about the auto up/down is what I stated before, just didn't mention the part about having the door closed and fully opening before closing and holding the button for 5 seconds. If that doesn't do it, it may be the switch.
JMO...

Can you explain the procedure step by step.

I can auto down all windows, but only auto up the drivers window. I'm sure it used to do it for the passenger front previously.

With the door closed, i pressed and held the button for 20secs for the down position. Waited around 30 seconds, then held the button for up for around 20 secs.

J.

Yes... i'm a total car nut! Why else would I upgrade my mower to rev to twice its standard rpm!
#6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 06:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by basrite View Post
JMO...

Can you explain the procedure step by step.

I can auto down all windows, but only auto up the drivers window. I'm sure it used to do it for the passenger front previously.

With the door closed, i pressed and held the button for 20secs for the down position. Waited around 30 seconds, then held the button for up for around 20 secs.

J.
You've pretty much got it right, the manual says you only have to hold the button for 5 sec after the window is up. I would think if it were a relay or something else in the system it would affect all the windows.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)