BMW Werkz banner

Anyone know how to diagnos my AC?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bpwestmoreland 
#1 ·
So I have a '99 M3 and have never had the AC working since I've owned it. I might have a leak somewhere, but not sure. Can anyone help? Thanks.

#2 ·
get a friend to help you, locate the AC Compressor, start the car with the AC off(have your friend start the car) while looking at the AC Compressor you should see a stationary wheel this is the clutch, turn on the AC and you should see this wheel start to move, if this moves the the compressor is functioning and working fine. shut off the car and trace all the tubes to check for broken tubes or holes. if you do not feel any then proceed with a can of refrigerant. Hook it up to the low side with a pressure gauge, get a old coffee can of HOT water and place the can of refrigerant in the coffee can this will keep the can of R134A a gas, DO NOT TURN CAN UPSIDE DOWN KEEP IT UPRIGHT IN THE water.. Every once in a while shake the can to keep the R134A moving, you should feel a temperature difference through the vents, if you have a leak you will hear it immeidaltey or see a cloud of refridgeramt. You can also buy buy a AC vacuum tool and read the instructions. hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.