Anybody bought Bilstein Touring Shocks? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2004, 04:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
mostwired is an unknown quantity at this point
When I bought the car, the guy left the Bilstein Touring struts on, with model VNE-4421. They have right now approx 30k miles on them. I suspect one was bottomed out - some bubbly sound. I thinbk Bilsteins have a lifetime warranty on them - but they need proof of purchase, and I lost contact with the seller of the car.

Has anyone bought Bilstein Touring struts that have 30k miles now, and do you still have a receipt? Or if you got them from AutoZone, they just need the phone number to match in a computer to process under warranty program. Any help is really appreciated!
mostwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2004, 08:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Michael@EuroPersona is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Michael@EuroPersona Send a message via AIM to Michael@EuroPersona
I have receipts from my Supplier when I bought these for a customer.. will that help?
Old 03-10-2004, 02:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Autotechnica is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Autotechnica Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Don't worry about the receipts. Is there a Bilstein dealer near you? Usually they aren't really critical about it unless you send it to the factory. The dealers can usually handle the replacements for you. It should save you the hassle of waiting for them to ship it.

If you know what shop it's from just make your own receipt and write that you purchased it from them. If Bilstein really needs to check on you, they can call the shop the previous owner bought it from and confirm. I seriously doubt they will. They are very easy to deal with.

Did you remove the shock and compress it to hear the bubbling noises? If so, compress it numerous times and see if the bubbling noises goes away. Sometimes it bubbles not because the oil/gas have mixed, but because it just hasn't been used often enough.

good luck,

Bry
<a href='http://www.automobile-technik.com' target='_blank'>- PARTS FOR SALE</a>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/atta...tc=1&quot;&gt;
Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 11:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
350z

Car: 03 Nissan 350z Track
Photos:
bigred318 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to bigred318 Send a message via Yahoo to bigred318
Autotechnica where did you get your racing seats? and for how much> and what made you get the blue with the color of you car? Im just curiuos

David
Old 03-10-2004, 11:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Autotechnica is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Autotechnica Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Quote:
Originally posted by bigred318@Mar 11 2004, 12:50 AM
Autotechnica where did you get your racing seats? and for how much> and what made you get the blue with the color of you car? Im just curiuos

David
I purchased the racing seats used from a Race car M3 which was trashed. I bought them for $150CDN each seat. They only weigh about 16lbs compared to the stock 40lbs seats.

Having the brackets custom made costs almost as much as the seats themselves. I paid $125CDN to have each bracket custom made so that I could still use the original sliders, seat belts and brackets.

The colour wasn't really my choice. However, it somewhat matches with the black interior and exterior.

As always, much like anything I purchase, I bought it more for function than looks. I hated having to cling on to the steering wheel for dear life whenever I went auto-x'in.

Bry
<a href='http://www.automobile-technik.com' target='_blank'>- PARTS FOR SALE</a>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/atta...tc=1&quot;&gt;
Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)