BMW Werkz banner

Anti-trapping mechanism of the power windows malfunctioning

5K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  beamerbaby09 
#1 ·
I have a 325I 2006....Does anyone here know how to reinitialize the power window system....I searched the web and came up w/this thread....I'm gonna give it a shot later...

"Hold down the 'open window botton' until you see a picture of a window on the Dash (thats how you know its been pressed down long enough)... you also hear a beep...then press the botton up until the picture of the window disappears.... your done.... all this needs to be done while the key is on the ON position... but the engine is NOT RUNNING"

#2 ·
My worse fears have been realized.....I tried the procedure mentioned above and of course the rear window is now stuck down....At one point I was able to get it to come up, but it was sputtering up like a few inches at a time..I repeated the procedure and this time it won't come up at all.....You can hear the motor running as if it's trying...Guess I'll be heading to the Dealer after all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.