BMW Werkz banner

Angel Eyes?

4K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  kyle_baker 
#1 ·
I bought a 96 318is and the previous owner put the 98 headlights in so it has angel eyes. The angel eyes are kind of dim and one of them flickers a bit. I was just wondering, I have seen some of your guy's sig pics and the angel eyes look really bright, is there any way I can brighten them? Is it just a matter of changing bulbs and is it easy to do? Thanks guys.

#2 ·
oh, also, my headlight seem to be pointed almost straight down, and i was just wondering how to adjust them. It looks like you adjust them from a couple of white gears with an Alan wrench? I am only asking because I tried it once and the light beam didn't seem to move at all, if you could let me know if I am missing something It would be much appreciated.

#3 ·
Alot of us are running (need to update sig just got them a month ago) chromiums, or predator chromiums. They are an aftermarket angel eye. They are like a hundred and someone dollars and are fairly easy to install, as long as you are careful. As for the adjustment I found the best way to adjust them was to straight up to a wall like 10 feet away from it, and turn the adjustment screws. Note that they turn quite a bit before you actually notice anything.

#4 ·
like rookie said... most of us have the best aftermarket halos, also known as (CCFL).... if u type in on ebay, bmw e36 ccfl, then u will be able to find them... give it a try!

#6 ·
i love angel eyes , and h.i.d fog lights . look very good.

#7 ·
Originally posted by BZW@Sep 1 2005, 03:21 AM
Sweet, those aren't too expensive, they are pretty easy to install on stock 98 lights?
[snapback]373805[/snapback]​

u have to make sure they are glass lenses.. and they are projector lenses.. and they come apart... if they are stock headlights then u can not put them in... just make sure u have the right stuff before u buy them

#8 ·
yeah, thats what I am worried about, and I don't know enought about BMW's yet to know if I have the right equipment for it. Is there any easy way to know if I can install them or if I have the wrong lights? The last owner told me he put in the 98 headlights, so I am assuming they are just the stock 98 BMW headlights but I don't know for sure, they may be aftermarket.

#10 ·
If you can send a picture of your headlights (off of course) then we may be able to tell you what you have. Also if you can tell us what kind of bulb you are running. Be it 9005 or H1, or just what it is.

#12 ·
My guess is that you have something like this:

and want something like this:

#14 ·
if u don't have the projector lamp... then chances are they are some crappy homemade headlights... its allmost impossible to put angel eyes in a stock headlight... u need to have the european headlamps....

this is what u most likely have...

stolen from ebay..

#16 ·
Honestly, I would upgrade my headlights to projectors....

#18 ·
Umnitza...

If you find them cheaper anywhere else (besides Ebay) Umniza will price match with a discount)

#19 ·
Originally posted by Cruzin 323is@Sep 3 2005, 01:58 PM
if u don't have the projector lamp... then chances are they are some crappy homemade headlights... its allmost impossible to put angel eyes in a stock headlight... u need to have the european headlamps....

this is what u most likely have...

stolen from ebay..
[snapback]374227[/snapback]​

I used these and they were surprisingly pretty good. Very bright light (Silverstars) and strong E-code beam pattern. They were much bright than the stock lights and generally about the same build quality even though they were Taiwan made. The angel eyes are fine. Wiring harness is direct plug-n-play, no splicing. They also have the full triple mount attachment points along the top, unlike some of the other off-brands that only have a double mount. The adjustment mechanisms are the exact same as the stock Hellas. I tried projector beams before and unless you go the full HID route they aren't as bright as these. For a hundred bucks you can't really go wrong with these. If you don't like 'em toss 'em when you get the HID system. I also swapped out the stock corner lights for some clear corners, not diamond cut but just clear corners.

Halo-D headlights on Ebay

Mike

#22 ·
Originally posted by BZW@Sep 4 2005, 07:00 PM
CRUZIN 323- Good call on the lights, those are the ones I have, or pretty damn close. The headlights themselves are really bright, just the angel eyes are a little dim, is there a seperate bulb for the angels?
[snapback]374397[/snapback]​

They just have LED's in 'em, can't do much about it, they seem bright enough with just the parking lights on anyway. Turn the headlights on you can't see any of 'em anyway.

Mike

#23 ·
Well thats kinda sharty that I can't brighten them, one of them flickers, I was hoping it was just a matter of changing bulbs. So you guys are saying I would need to upgrade headlights? Do the aftermarket headlights already have the bright angel eye rings installed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.