BMW Werkz banner

Airbag Warning Light

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  DesmoBob 
#1 ·
Hi All

The red light indicating a problem with the airbag has come on and won't go out.
Before I take it into the service center in Hong Kong to have them tell me it's fixed and find out later that they have just removed the glob ( true story from a friend who had a simular problem with another warning light ) I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what the problem could be and what would have to be done to fix it.

Thanks

#4 ·
I also have the air bag light, but I don't have the airbag checking tool. The passenger seatbelt is twisted 180 degrees, I don't know how it happened, but I never really cared to twisted back into place. I think I will have to take the panels apart to get to the seatbelt. I noticed both the airbag light and the twisted seatbelt at the same time, so I assume it is the reason. Do you think so too?

#5 ·
Originally posted by nchannon+Apr 13 2005, 06:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nchannon @ Apr 13 2005, 06:56 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>HI I also have the airbag light just come on and I ran the diagnostics tester and it told me that everything was alright. My tester is a Peake R5/fcx any ideas! :dunno
[snapback]331516[/snapback]​
[/b]

that is the wrong tool. fcx is only for engine codes. you need r5/srs

<!--QuoteBegin-vmelikRUS

I also have the air bag light, but I don't have the airbag checking tool. The passenger seatbelt is twisted 180 degrees, I don't know how it happened, but I never really cared to twisted back into place. I think I will have to take the panels apart to get to the seatbelt. I noticed both the airbag light and the twisted seatbelt at the same time, so I assume it is the reason. Do you think so too?[/quote]
i don't have the book in front of me, so offhand i don't know if there's a separate sensor at the seatbelt spool. but the sensor at the buckle is completely different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.