Airbag Light - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Ľ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2005, 05:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
hardboiled2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey all-
Can you check to see how long it takes the airbag light to go off after you start the car? Mine goes on then all goes off for a micro second then goes on again. Then it goes of after about a minute.

Thanks,

Joe
hardboiled2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2005, 05:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
350z

Car: 03 Nissan 350z Track
Photos:
bigred318 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to bigred318 Send a message via Yahoo to bigred318
you have a pic of the light? is it the light that is closet to the right side of your guages? if so mine goes off a few min after start, has something to do with my sensorin my seat belt or something. anyways doesnt affect anything just annoying.

does the light look like a dude and a cirle by him?

David
Old 01-02-2005, 05:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
ganjacyde is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ganjacyde Send a message via MSN to ganjacyde
this has been covered a million times here, please search

its typically a faulty seat belt tensioner that causes the light to illuminate for longer periods of time. could be many things though, but this is usually the problem though.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car: 1993 325i
Photos:
victorgallas is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to victorgallas Send a message via AIM to victorgallas Send a message via MSN to victorgallas
on the later e36, the seat bealt tensioner, that thing on the seat where you clip you belt onto, has a swicth to tell the airbag unit you have the seat belt on. they use this now because some many people decided that since the car has an airbag i dont need a belt, wrong. the airbag is a SUPLEMENTAL RESTRAIN SYSTEM. meaning that if you dont have the belt and the bag goes off, yes you can get killed, since youre going forwards and the bag on the opposite way. so to stop people form getting killed on with airbags they put thi swicth so the airbag wont go off in case of an accident.
in the light is comming on intermittently, then the swicht is about to be faulty.

you neeed a new tensioner on the dealer,

get the seat out, unscrew the old tensioner out and then run the wires plug evertything in and reasemble the seat on the car..

very inportant, keep the car off.

and when youre done with the job, you can either go to the dealer, or someone with an airbag code reader and reset the light, or the cheap way used on independent shops. unplug the negative terminal for like 30 min. the wait time in necessary because the airbag unit has a condensor that stores energy. so waiting 30 min will ensure that it looses the power and the unit looses all power, reseting itself. THIS WORKS MOST OF THE TIME.

Fraude an Fahren
BMW > Bayerische Motorenwerke

Auf Viedersehen der herr

www.clemsonfsae.com
victorgallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)