BMW Werkz banner

Advice on a few budget E36 Mods?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  BMWBeauty416 
#1 ·
I'm shopping around for some low budget mods before I hit up the high end stuff.

These items are on Ebay ( see pics).
Anyone purchased or used one of these?

1) That key flip device- Where can I go to cut a blank key same as my 1995 318i key? I have feeling the dealership won't touch it? And most places don't cut BMW keys.

2) That wood, or psedo wood, gear shifter? Is that worth it? Or do they last for a few months?

3) Those M3 mats look great...but?

4) That silver tube is an exhaust pipe tip upgrade. Does that sound absurd? or is it kosher?

Any Advice is much appreciated :cheers

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
there is a thread in here somewhere about keys like that. after some year BMW started chipping their keys so no one key could be replicated by simply cutting a new one (hence also making genuine BMW keys really expensive). I dont remember the year though. You can always call a dealership and ask if htey could do it, and for a price.

#5 ·
Originally posted by BMWbeauty416@Sep 13 2004, 09:07 AM
do you really want your key to look like a Benz's??? :confused

~*Teg*~
Not really familiar with BENZ keys. But I know the 2004 BMW 7 series keys look very similar like to this.
I'm not gonna bother with keys though it sound like too much of a hassell.
I already got the wooden shifter and I'm bidding on that tail pipe upgrade now.

The M3 Mats may have to wait til I have more money <this dude is selling them for 48$ but asking like $20 to ship them :deal >

My next upgrade will be to replaced my chipped and broken off front door speaker rings. autowerks wants to beat you over the head for 50$ for just the ring replacements..... :eek:uch

But I'll find them cheaper somewhere.

My dream interior....2004 760il... sick! :sick

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.