BMW Werkz banner

Adjusting front camber

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  ///M Power 
#1 ·
Hi. I am new to this forum and new to BMWs. Ive read from this forum that front camber cannot be adjusted. I am going to be getting some H&R sport springs for my 94 318i. I have read somewhere to adjust the front camber, i would have to get camber plates. But what is the difference between camber plates and lower control arms for adjusting camber? I have seen front camber plates for like $300+ and I ran into something that isn't even close to those amounts.

http://www.bimmerworld.com/html/front-strut-mounts---camber-correcting-and-stock.htm

would this item be able to correct the front camber? it totals to $100 for both left and right. I know that with H&R sports, the front is lowerd by 1.5 inches, which isnt that bad, but Im kinda picky about this. Thanks everyone.

#2 ·
hi joe welcome to the forums.... i have those H&R springs on my car, and i can tell you the camber in the front is fine, the rear is more the problem , i think im about 2 points out, camber plates is what you want, the lower control arms wont really do anything but change toe.

#7 ·
well, if the front isnt that bad, maybe ill just pocket that hundred bucks. I guess i'll find out after i do an alignment. As for the rear 1" drop, it does make it a problem? I know 1" isn't that much, and I read that the rear camber can be adjusted slightly, i don't think i would need to buy anything for the back right? I know plenty of people ask these kinda questions in the forum all the time, so thanks for answering the same questions all the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.