Model 325i
Body type saloon
Catalog model USA
Production date 1991 / 10
Engine M50
Transmission Automatic
Steering Left
Catalyzer YES

My car is in the shop getting fixed and they recently tried to do an alignment on the car, they told me that my Toe and camber in the rear was not good, and they also told me that niether is adjustable...they also told me my camber and toe in the front was not good either and not adjustable either. There telling me that the control arms in the rear must be bent or something to cause the misalignment, what I want to know is, can i adjust the camber and toe in the front and rear? or this guy doesnt know what he is doing...the previous owner of the vehicle dropped the car considerably, the car is very low, he changed the springs......somebody please help me!! Can I adjust my suspension- camber and toe front and rear? if not is there any way around it? buy and adjustable kit or something......please help... :help ...Thank You....

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
That's not right what he said. In the front you only can adjust toe, but they can check the chamber, caster and K.P.I. just as well! If one of the last values are wrong, then there is something crooked :cry (BTW, when lowering your car, some of that values could be different from manufacturer adjustments)

In the rear you can adjust toe and chamber! The adjustment range is not very wide, when looking to your pic, i think nothing can be done anymore...... :poke

Probably you need some new parts to fix the front wheel suspension, or in the worst case you'll should align the whole car.......... :wrench

#5 ·
No the front I fixed, I put in a new strut, the old one was bent like a pretzel! the wheels pretty straight, but yesterday we tried to align the whole car, and thats when we ran into the problems, the guy was old and pretty blind (couldnt read numbers of screen) I dont think he has much experience with BMW's because he told me he can only adjust the camber in the front....now im thinking to myself...BMW...German engineering at its best, and I can only adjust camber in front? :confused

#6 ·
I have some information about that...... It really isn't true that chamber in the front can adjust. The toe can be adjust by shorten or lenghten the track axis (right word??). Let do this by a mechanic, who has the right tools!! I post a pic asap..... :deal

#7 ·
Here's a pic of what i meant exactly. The two on the top are from the front, the 2 at the bottom from the rear.

For all clarity, this is what i know of it, so correct me when i'm wrong!!
The things that can be adjust are:
-front toe
-rear toe
-rear chamber

BTW, this is something what you can't DIY!! Normally a mechanic installs a laser-beamer on each wheel and then the computer says precisely if the values are OK (in according with BMW values) :wrench

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.