about my m3 bumper - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 09:21 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
toymachine595 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
about my m3 bumper

I just baught an M3 bumper for my 325is from JLeviStreetWerks. Im confused on the way i should have it painted. On my car now i have the dark grey side skirts and the bottoms of the bumpers are grey as well and im not sure if i should do the new m3 bumper half and half like my car is now because if i do it fully one color it wont match. and also the new bumper has an integrated lip and all the ones ive seen are painted black so im assuming i should as well. i attached some pics if you guys could take a look and tell me what would look the best. its just that ive never seen an m3 bumper with the bottom painted dark grey.
thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0152.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	396.2 KB
ID:	24671  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 10:53 AM
3rd Gear Member

Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light
dude getting this bumper is the PERFECT excuse to get those rockers painted. you MUST paint the sideskirts. trust me your car will look literally 100x better that way. the grey skirts are just so....eh

EDIT: oh and if you do a pinstripe delete the car will look even better. and i love your wheels. Beryn Mesh are what i wanted but im selling my car so...

99 Dakar M3
|Conforti|Sharked|TC Kline SA|DEPO||BBS|M50 MANIFOLD|UUC|DDM|SPARCO|OEM X BRACE||SSK|ECS TUNING|MISHIMOTO|
#3 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 10:59 AM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Have the whole thing painted, with the black lip. The black/gray on the sideskirts can be removed -- they are painted in the car's body color underneath.

You can use this DIY: Removing Gray from Sideskirts - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum,

or you can just have the same shop that paints your bumber do it for you (although that will surely incur a greater expense for you).

#4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 11:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Redbullrr is on a distinguished road
I just got my M3 Bumper, had it ordered from the dealer. Having my Body Shop guy do a overhaul on the front end, to remove the chips and stuff. Cant wait to get it back should be end of week. You should def just get the entire car painted makes a big difference.
#5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 07:19 PM
n00b

toymachine595 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Alright guys thanks for all the input, ive actually been debating whether to delete the grey rockers and other parts so that helped me make my final decision. as for the pinstripe, im in the process, just havent had the time to take the heat gun to it cause its all starting to rip any way cause it came that way when i baught it. the good part is my friend works at a local dealership in the body shop and hes gonna get all the paint for free so im just gonna throw em like $100 bucks for helping me out even tho he said hed do it for free. Also when i get everything painted i need to do the rear bumper as well right? Now i dont have an m3 diffuser in the rear but should i do the bottom part black like the lip on the front bumper?
#6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
Here's what you do. Paint the front M3 bumper to match the car, but leave the lip UNPAINTED. The shop can do this. Then also have the rocker panels painted to match the car and have the lower rear apron painted to match the car. That's it. There's no other good looking option.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Neutral Member

rwall23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to rwall23
Why don't you guys like the pin-stripe? I think it looks kind of unique.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)