BMW Werkz banner

Aa Differntial Brace

2K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  SpeedInfusion 
#1 ·
:thumbs

AA Tuning Brace

above is the link.

My buddy Ballzack snapped his bolt that holds the differential... It caused him hella drama and the risk of dropping his differential which is a $1000+ job. This brace is only 200 bux and there was a group buy on bimmerforums for 180 but i think its done. Anyway he bought the brace and told me about it and i bought one myself and i recommend anyone with a 5 spd to pick it up. I know if ur here u dont drive carefully lol...but thats just my 2 cents..

#2 ·
Originally posted by SpeedInfusion@Apr 8 2005, 07:35 PM
:thumbs

AA Tuning Brace\

above is the link.

My buddy Ballzack snapped his bolt that holds the differential... It caused him hella drama and the risk of dropping his differential which is a $1000+ job. This brace is only 200 bux and there was a group buy on bimmerforums for 180 but i think its done. Anyway he bought the brace and told me about it and i bought one myself and i recommend anyone with a 5 spd to pick it up. I know if ur here u dont drive carefully lol...but thats just my 2 cents..
[snapback]328732[/snapback]​
Looks well thought out - do you think it is as big of an issue for a 318 (5sp)?

#3 ·
if u drive hard, yea, i think this thing has been and issue for a long time, its just that this brace came out 6 months ago... dude, dropping ur differential, no matter wat car u drive, is gona cost u loads more than 200 bux...better to be safe with 200 than out of 1000+!

:) btw, welcome to the forums...

#4 ·
Originally posted by SpeedInfusion@Apr 8 2005, 07:47 PM
if u drive hard, yea, i think this thing has been and issue for a long time, its just that this brace came out 6 months ago... dude, dropping ur differential, no matter wat car u drive, is gona cost u loads more than 200 bux...better to be safe with 200 than out of 1000+!

:) btw, welcome to the forums...
[snapback]328739[/snapback]​
Thanks - great to be here. I have been asked already to the track, so after tires (the ones that came on the car should not even be on a taurus) I'll invest.
Great link on the shifter knob, also.

#8 ·
Originally posted by chowder@Apr 8 2005, 05:21 PM
are you talking about the bolts that are welded into the subframe? i haven't clicked on the link, but i have an auto, and i recommend the braces as well.

edit:: different problem, but still recommend it! :thumbs
[snapback]328760[/snapback]​
i think ur talking about the subframe issue, thats a whole nother ballpark...

#9 ·
I feel like I'm a salesperson for the AA brace, :banghead But having your front diff bolt break 75 miles from your house at 10:00 pm on a wednesday(work in the morning and stuff) sucks in a big way. I have triple AAA not the plus membership though and they wanted $9 per mile after the frist 7. About $600 to tow, i ended up catching a ride home a friend and leaving my car there. Missed work the next day and spent the whole day in palmdale with cheech or chong as my only mechanic looking for a G' damn bolt that noone in that desert had ever seen. I swear I had been to every car, motorcycle and home hardware store in palmdale. Anyways cheech figures out that he can use a bolt thats not same grade as original and it will temporary hold. Had no other choice it was 5 pm, he asked for $200, I gave him $160 and left....... worst day and waste of time ever...... anyhow the FDB usually breaks cause of 2 reasons Hard launches and dumping clutch in frist and second gear and I belevie only the 318ti is immune, not sure.....

ALi

#13 ·
Originally posted by chr328is+Apr 9 2005, 02:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chr328is @ Apr 9 2005, 02:04 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SpeedInfusion@Apr 8 2005, 05:53 PM
dude where are u from? u know Bimmerfest is coming up if ur in Southern California..
[snapback]328743[/snapback]​
When??????????????? :)
[snapback]328970[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]
LOL go to the members lounge, there is a thread, its April 23rd there is gona be a a huge caravan or San Diego, orange county and LA driving there together...

PM for more info or check out http://www.gripspeed.com/caravan/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.