BMW Werkz banner

'94 325is Engine Problem

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  victorgallas 
#1 ·
I have a '94 325is with 130,000 miles. i made a huge mistake one day and let a friend drive my car and when i got it back i noticed that my car felt like all the power was drained from it. When i step on the gas it hesitates and slowly gains rpms and when it hits about 3 1/2 it boggs down for a second and then starts climbing again. sometimes when rolling out of 1st gear the engines seems like it misfires because i can hear a loud pop in the aftermarket CAI. During cold starts if u try to keep the revs at about 2, it will stay there for a second but then it will die down to around 1 1/2. does anyone know why this is happening? never happened before, not even a hint of it.

ive already replaced the fuel filter and put some injecter cleaner in it....improved a lil but still same problem.

:banghead

#4 ·
does your fried know how to drive a stick car good?? in case your car is manual, and the person driving it does not have a experience on it, it is very easy for them to downshift form 5 gear to 2 thinking they went to 4.

and if this happens, well then he overrevvv the engine, and since this engines have no piston, valve clearance, chances are he bent some of them,, this explains misfiring, poor engine performance, etc..

to begin i would do a compression test.. see if they are consistent and how it susteins that pressure

then if nothing seems strange,, try filling up the tank with good gas.

if you have a performance chip, and he used cheap low octane gas, the engine will suck and misfire, because of the gas.. performance chips advance timing, so high octane gas is essential for good driveability..
hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.