| Originally posted by Miket@Jan 29 2005, 10:31 PM |
I just bought a black 94' 325IC last week that looks great inside and out with 91K on it.* A friend recommended a local shop which only does BMW work to give it a once over.* The last couple of days I had seen a few drops of oil and water in the garage.* The guy did a complete review of the car and came up with a heffty list.* I would like to know other peoples opinon on the priority of having these items fixed.* I'm going to do the water pump Monday and he said they put an aluminum impeller instead of the plastic back in.* I recently sold my Z06 and the corvette forum was always a great place to get help on things.* I put the labor hours next to each item also.* I'll take it somewhere for a free brake inspection to get a second opinon on those.
1. valve cover gasket/ plugs and wires (leaking VC gasket) 2.5
2. Front and rear pads and rotors.* Brakes feel and sound fine. 4.0
3. power steering fill lines.* (said there was a leak) 2.0
4. Sepentine Belts
5. Belt pullys and tensioners 2.0
6. Water pump, fan clutch 3.0
7. upper/lower radiator hoses
8. outpur shaft seals on transmission (he said this could wait until clutch time)
9. Rear trailing arm bushings 4.0
10. Oxegen sensor??? not sure when last was done but shoudl be done every 60K
11. Major service ???* not sure when done
12. Thermostat 1.0
Labor was 2,000 and parts were 1,582 plus tax.* basicaly 3,700 dollars to get everything perfect.
Any thoughts on which to tackle first or which to group together to save money and what is easy enough to do myself?*
to the forum and Let us take a look:
I would do 4,5,6,7,and 12 at the same time..they are very related. 2 can be done whenever you feel up to it. The rest depends on how much of a mechanic you are. I would leave the mechanic with the output shaft seals.