first off i'm going to say hey and thank you to everyone that helps.
anyway. in have had a '93 RWD 325is, (manual trans) for about 7 months, well, since september. when i had first bought it, nothing was wrong with it. everything seemed to be fine.
as i started to rank up some milage on it i began to notice a slight clunking noise in 2nd gear. but it was only in second gear, so i didn't pay much mind to it. lately, however, the clunks have become much more violent and much more frequent. here's a description
- it now occurs at low speeds but in all gears
- when i get up to speed it doesn't happen.
- it is also only, or usually only, when i accelerate. i have to constantly let off the gas and put it back on to speed up.
- it starts with a slight ticking, but then turns into a banging
- it seems as if the noise is coming from below the passenger-side's floorboard.
- we propped the car up and hit the gas, and it didn't happen.
we think it has something to do with the suspension, which would account for many of the issues.
if you need any more detail, please ask.
any info you can provide is appreciated.