BMW Werkz banner

91 E36 Help Needed Please

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Medlar 
#1 ·
Hi all I have a 7/91 318i and really don't know about the difference between the 91 and every year afterwards my main concern was to know what the difference is as I want to add a turbo onto it and also clear lights but they all say 92 and onwards

Its bloody confusing

#2 ·
I am guessing by 1991 and bloody that you are not state side. The 91 is the same as the 92. State side we did not get the E36 until it counted as a 92 model. But keep in mind the 92 318i is very different from later years. The m40 engine and strut mounted front sway bars are two differences that come to mind quickly.

#5 ·
i think you have a european car 91 model on e36 body, aside from the m40 engine difference you might not have a side lamp and the lower suspensions are different. if your engine is an m40 try to search on youtube the bmw m40 318i with turbo... theres a lot of video uploaded by the owner of that bmw showcasing the superb capability of m40 engine equipped with turbo....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.