BMW Werkz banner

ECS suspension any good?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  thekid 
#1 ·
HI, I just bought a 97' 328is, and it needs new front struts. Has anyone tried the Street-Line E36 3-Series Coil Over Kit from ECS? It looks like a good deal, but I'm new to BMW's, and dont want a poor ride quality, so am looking for some feedback before I buy. I need something as inexpensive as possible, and for regular street use. It seems like bilsteins are the way to go, but I'm looking for other options. thanks

Also if you've seen any deals let me know where to find them.

#3 ·
suspension link

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Here is a link if you want to check them out. I will probobly go with the bilsteins, as I hear they are good. Does anyone know if the HD bilsteins are compatible with the factory sachs springs, or should I get the sport struts?
I have the factory sachs sport suspension now, but they are completely shot.

97 328is

Also, is their a tutorial on changing suspension posted on here?

thanks

BMW E36 328is M52 2.8l Suspension Coil Overs

#4 ·
Ah the FK. I have heard a bit about those. But for the money I would pay more for a set of the PSS9. I had a thread up with pictures of how to do everything but I believe it was misplaced during a site move. All you need is a good metric tool set and a spring compressor. If you have ever changed the suspension on a car you can do this. The rears will allow a blind retarded five year old to change it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.