BMW Werkz banner

328i power seat problems

41K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  JL BMW 
#1 ·
I'm a new owner of a 97 328i. So far I'm loving the car. The only problem thus far is my power seats. The driver seat won't move forward and backwards and the passenger seat won't move at all. It's not the worst problem in the world since as long as its like this my wife can't drive the car:D.

#2 ·
Check under the seat for a loose connection or a chaffed wire, the passenger seat will not operate without the drivers seat being properly connected.

#4 ·
As for the driver's seat....Sounds like the forward & reverse drive motor.....mine went on the passenger side......found it on ebay for about $40.00....The passenger's side sounds like a fuse.....

johnny,

p.s. I replaced the motor, by removing the seat......it took about an hour....
note: before disconnecting the wire connectors from the bottom of the seat make sure the battery negative cable is disconnected first or you will trip the airbag light to come on!

#6 · (Edited)
In your case, it seems one of the cables (drive shaft) from the motor to the track disconnected........12 & 14 in pic below:

p.s. sometimes the plastic gears inside the track.... break.....ebay sells them

e36 seat motor - buy and sell on eBay Motors

Attachments

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.