BMW Werkz banner

328 IS owners!!!

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  eclypser 
#1 ·
to all 328 IS owners:
how happy are you with your car? i am thinking of purchasing my first BMW and am curious if i should step in to a newer 328 IS or get an older M3. i can't decide! :banghead
any info you all have is appreciated.

mike

#2 ·
I love my 328is. Kicks the ass. For you, I'd suggest considering which has lower miles before making your decision.

G
#3 ·
i had a 96 328i (sedan)...it was a kick-in-the-pants to drive. I modded it to have about 215hp. I drove it at the track with stock componants (brakes, etc) and it never failed (expect broken headlight glass, but that was my fault)....it was a great car, and very reliable. However if your more into modding your car and performance, the M3 is the way to go, if your looking for a newer, lower mileage ride, the 328is is for you

G
#5 ·
Originally posted by cardio@Jun 24 2003, 10:21 AM
I have a 98 328is, Its a great car, stays smooth at high speeds (110 is my highest in it) and its faster than all those hondas and crap, and it handles great, just a fun car to drive
ive had my 328 up to about 140 on the track, rock solid!

#7 ·
:huh: so, mod-ing the 328 IS huh? is it an expensive vehicle to upgrade? how about chips? are they expensive to pick up? where could i aquire one of these "chips?" thanks :help

#8 ·
Originally posted by morph@Jun 24 2003, 07:43 PM
:huh: so, mod-ing the 328 IS huh? is it an expensive vehicle to upgrade? how about chips? are they expensive to pick up? where could i aquire one of these "chips?" thanks :help
the shark injector really has everything else beat when it comes to chips. and alot places such as ecisbmw.com or turnermotorsport.com to name a few have em for $350

#9 ·
these cars are expensive as far as upgrades go. no way around it really. like i said if your looking for a car with kick. go with the M3, youd spend quite a substancial amount of money to get the car up to M3 power. but with an M3 you have the power already there, Mods for both cars are roughly the same in every catagory.

#10 ·
If you want to do alot of mods go with an older M3, rather than a 328is

I have a 328i and I really wish I had an M3, you spend all the money on mods (which can quickly add up to the difference you would've paid for an M3) and then an M3 still smokes you.

Ahh, but alas I'm not wise and the mod bug has hit and I don't want to trade my car as I just got it..so will be going FI..hehe

But dont get me wrong if you don't plan on doing alot of mods the 328 is a great car and you can get one with a whole lot less mileage for the same price..

#11 ·
:driving Had the same dillema. What it came down to was price. I found a 96 328is for $9,100. The cheapest 36 M I could find was at least 15k. I used to have a 95 M3 and while I can tell the difference in acceleration. It's not that big. I felt that my 99 M3 was a bigger differance better than the 95 M3 than the 95 M is over my new 96.

Wow how hard is that to understand. The short and sweet. You won't be disapointed with a 328is. I know I'm not.

95 M3, 99 M3, 01 M3, 89 325i, 96 328is
I'm working my way back up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.