BMW Werkz banner

325is Header Installation?

5K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  325is1994 
#1 ·
i just got a header for my 94 325is and i heard that you have to do without the cats, is that true? what am i supposed to get to replace them? could i just go straight pipes from my header back, and have no o2 sensor? do you absolutely need the o2 sensor? how many o2 sensor(s) do i have? how long does installation of a header take? will someone who has knowledge of modding bmw's explain this all to me?

im bolting on a 95 m3 exhaust at the same time, if that has anything to do with the questions

#2 ·
i talked to dave at obx and he said theyre header has a downpipe so i can keep my cats, he also said this was a direct bolt up, so lets hope

#4 ·
its a pain in the ass to do...not a whole lot of room in the engine bay to work with. and your car has 1 02 sensor and your car might make more power without the 02 sensor...but your fuel economy will go to hell.

#5 ·
im keeping the o2 sensor on, about how many hours of work, about how much will a shop charge

#6 ·
Originally posted by 325is1994@Nov 22 2004, 08:21 PM
im keeping the o2 sensor on, about how many hours of work, about how much will a shop charge
[snapback]235589[/snapback]​
as far as how many hours of work...how proficient are you with tools? a friend of mine got it done for like 150. oh and it took my friend like 4+ hours to do the headers simply because there is very little room to work with.

#7 ·
how does your friends car sound? what exhaust does he have it paired with? did he notice any noticeable performance gains?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.