BMW Werkz banner

325is Exhaust

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  theruss1an1 
#1 ·
I want to upgrade my exhaust but I'm a bit low on money. I was thinking about replacing my cats with just pipes, and that way I'd preaty much have straight pipes until I hit the muffler. Also I was looking at the exhaust, and there is a part just after the headers that is like an X pipe. It connects the two header pipes in one, and then seperated them into two again. I'm guessing some power is hidden there. I found a Borla system that makes it so the exhaust runs two pipes all the way, but its not in production anymore.... poop. There are others that I have found, but they cost over a grand. I got a few friends that can weld preaty good and I was thinking about asking them to make me that piece. I got a friend who has an aftermarket exhaust on his 325, and the pipes look like they are the same diameter as my stock ones, only diffrence I saw was muffler. Or maybe his system just sucks.. Haha jk Vince. And I think if I'm not doing any major mods (cams) the stock pipes should do just fine, for now. But anyway if you guys got any ideas please share. Or I can just run straight headers......

-Thanks.

#3 ·
were are you located, those cats are mainly for emmision purposes, however lots of people remove them and find a place that will certify them (certify, or give their emmisions certificate whatever it is in your area)..
it will be much louder than you may want. i cant remember who , but someone makes track pipes which are exactly what you speak of. (could be UUC or AA) anyways for exhaust superspriint still owns for bmw's but a good budget company with awesome sound is brullen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.