BMW Werkz banner

325is bilstein shocks

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  theruss1an1 
#1 ·
Hey whats up. I just got my 325is but it needs new shocks. Does anyone know the diffrence between the sport shocks and heavy duty shocks? I also got the sport package on the car. Im guessing the heavy duty ones are stiffer, but they both cost the same. So i unno...

#6 ·
:thumbs DOH! 97alpineM3 beat me to it!

B's are Gas shocks, some of the best around for the street and the track!

:poke Based on some earlier threads, please post with authority what you know from knowledge and experience. Enthusiasm and good intentions are terrible teachers...

#7 ·
Heavy Duty is pretty much an OEM replacement shock but much stiffer.

Bilstein Sports are made for lowered springs with stiffer spring rates. I wouldn't recommend using them with stock springs. They are stiffer and they have a longer shock travel. You wouldn't benefit from using them with a stock spring setup.

Both are gas shocks. If you want a cheap solution and you still want a Gas shock, try SACHS Boge Automatic gas shock, I tried them about 3 years ago and they work great for OEM replacements. Avoid Bilstein Touring shocks, although they are OEM replacement gas shocks, they cost more than the Boges. Boges are very resonably priced and come with lifetime warranty like the Bilsteins.

Bry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.