I have a E36 325 TDS (turbo diesel) - 1995 lots of miles (177K mosty motorway in 5th gear) great car, always very reliable, i do about 650 motorway miles a week.
I have experienced a few niggly problems just recently
1) when moving off from a junction or similar, the car will sometimes looses all power in second gear, almost as if i had changed into 4th by mistake. Revs stay at idle speed even though i have my foot halfway down on the accelerator
2) ive also noticed - when resting my foot on the clutch pedal at standstill, it feels really rough - like a slow vibration.
3) changing gear feels a little rough - like the gears are giving some resistance, but this only happens once in a while
4) when i take my foot off the accelerator at standstill, the revs dip below idle speed for an instant - then pick up.
5) if im sat in slow traffic - in first gear, when i press the accelerator, the car kinda jolts a bit before driving off smoothly.
6) i get a squeaky noise from the engine bay when i press the clutch pedal.
Can anybody help? Pleeeeeeeeeease!!!!!