320i cabrio and axel stands - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2006, 10:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
mathijskok is an unknown quantity at this point
320i cabrio and axel stands

Now I got a good garage jack, two manuals and Haynes and still I can not find out where to lift the car (other then with the supplied toy) and were to place the axel stands.

Does anybody have any information on that?

Mathijs
mathijskok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2006, 11:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
tomctx is an unknown quantity at this point
You can put the jack under where the jacking points are on the side. The jack stands can also go there. You can jack the rear at the differential. In the front there is a reinforcement that goes across under the engine from side to side. You can jack the front there. www.pelicanparts.com also sell a jack pad that goes into the jacking points on the side of the body. Slide them in, use a floor jack to jack up the car, and put your stands under the jack points for support.
1995 325I, window tint, K&N, debaffled airbox, BMW #104 wheels, Nighthawk low beams, smoked side markers, smoked corners, smoked taillights, M3 stlye heated mirrors, various interior bits, Bosal cat-back.
tomctx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
mathijskok is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomctx
You can put the jack under where the jacking points are on the side. The jack stands can also go there. You can jack the rear at the differential. In the front there is a reinforcement that goes across under the engine from side to side. You can jack the front there. www.pelicanparts.com also sell a jack pad that goes into the jacking points on the side of the body. Slide them in, use a floor jack to jack up the car, and put your stands under the jack points for support.

Perfect! Thanks
mathijskok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)