BMW Werkz banner

318ti

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  m42technic 
#1 ·
Simple quick question, is the 318ti a rear wheel drive car? I checked around but couldnt get a very solid answer. :banghead
Thanks in advance :D
Also, does anyone know the difference in size between 318i and 318ti? and if they all have ABS?
Thanks a ton in advance for my questions :)

#2 ·
the 318ti is rwd like all bmw's, unless there is a X in the model description which would mean AWD. and it has ABS standard.

the 318ti uses the headlights off the sedan, and has a pretty different interior. and its probably a little more cramped in the back, but it's still built on a e36 chasis so there may not be a whole lot of difference in cabin size.

#3 ·
I thought the ti used the e30 chassis?

I know it has the e30 differential.

If you are looking to buy a 318, do not buy a ti. An i or is will have more room, better quality interior, and its easier to get the right parts. The ti use older parts, a mixture of body parts, and completly separate interior parts. This means buying parts is a pain.

#4 ·
Originally posted by El Presidente@Sep 19 2003, 04:12 PM
I thought the ti used the e30 chassis?

I know it has the e30 differential.

If you are looking to buy a 318, do not buy a ti. An i or is will have more room, better quality interior, and its easier to get the right parts. The ti use older parts, a mixture of body parts, and completly separate interior parts. This means buying parts is a pain.
i know the ti shares some E30 suspension components aswell, but i thought it was still considered a e36 chasis. i could be wrong though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.