BMW Werkz banner

318is

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  dutchbmw 
#1 ·
MY friend shas a 94 318is and hes added an intake, which he claims adds 20% horsepower and he also added a tip on his car, which he claims adds 10 hp. Now you tell me, doesnt that make very little sense? I mean what is the stock hp for a 318is, because he says his is up to 180 from those two "mods" He thinks he can beat my 325i with a remus sport exhaust system, and CAI. On top of that, my 325i has a standard tranny, and his is auto, but he says that the IS weighs like 1k pounds less than the I. Now i bought mine and fixed it up myself, you know, sort of a project car(for 2grand hehe), My friend being the spoiled brat that he is, made his parents buy him one with 20k miles, for 14k. haha. what do yall think?

#2 ·
:laughhead: a fairly stock 318is auto wouldnt take a 325i manual under almost any circumstance. the 318 should be lighter, but by no more than 2-300lbs from your car if even that much. the CAI will not get any where near a 20% increase on his 318, that would be around 28hp :lol: maybe 5-10 at top end if he's lucky. what do you mean by tip? do you mean chip, or exhaust tip... :dunno if you meant chip; that combined with the intake would probably put him close to 150hp (from 138 stock). i'm not gonna assume anything, cause for all i know he may just be jerking your chain with idiotic statements when in fact he's got a turbo under there that you dont know about :rolleyes: , but i wouldnt even wanna argue with this guy cause none of his statements hold much credibility to begin with

#3 ·
:laughhead: :screwy

Race him in reverse, THAT will at least give him a chance.

#4 ·
your freind is moron and knows nothing about cars. Not only will he not have had that much increase in power, but its rather common knowledge that coups (is) weigh more than sedans (i), and its usually in the range 50lbs, not 1000.

#5 ·
haha i told him he didnt know what he was talking about, and he said he knows more about beamers thatn me. Im fairly new to BMW's as I bought my 325i 3 months ago. But over that time I've learned how to rebuild most of the engine :p The only thing he knows about is how much HP they have. Oh and from that earlier post there was confusion about the Tip. Its basically a crappy lil exhaust tip welded into the back of the OEM muffler, and No, i was not joking abou tthe those he said. He was SERIOUS! Thats the funny part, because hes a spoiled kid that uses the car as a status symbol only.

:nana

So yeah, I knew my car was faster, I just wanted to show you guys how stupid some kids can be.

#9 ·
Originally posted by El Presidente@Oct 7 2003, 07:00 PM
your freind is moron and knows nothing about cars. Not only will he not have had that much increase in power, but its rather common knowledge that coups (is) weigh more than sedans (i), and its usually in the range 50lbs, not 1000.
Yeah, what he said. Moron is just the right word.

Oh, and that this about the exhaust tip is priceless.

#13 ·
he also added a tip on his car, which he claims adds 10 hp.
if it is indeed a TIP he instaled and he claims to have 10HP, then i think he is :drunk ... heehhehe..

nah the 318is cant go near the 325's 6potters what more that IS is an auto... man, i seriously think ur friend is
:drunk ... or he was just trying to pull yer legs..

#14 ·
Originally posted by Hamann 325i@Oct 7 2003, 07:06 PM
haha i told him he didnt know what he was talking about, and he said he knows more about beamers thatn me. Im fairly new to BMW's as I bought my 325i 3 months ago. But over that time I've learned how to rebuild most of the engine :p The only thing he knows about is how much HP they have. Oh and from that earlier post there was confusion about the Tip. Its basically a crappy lil exhaust tip welded into the back of the OEM muffler, and No, i was not joking abou tthe those he said. He was SERIOUS! Thats the funny part, because hes a spoiled kid that uses the car as a status symbol only.

:nana

So yeah, I knew my car was faster, I just wanted to show you guys how stupid some kids can be.
Is that kid on the forum also?? Maybe he can give me some advice for upgrading my engine!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.