BMW Werkz banner

318is

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  El Presidente 
#1 ·
I have a 1993 318is 5-speed. When i try to at least spin the tires i cant b/c it doesnt accalerate worth shit in first. First of all should this car be able to burn a little rubber and secondly, if so, what might be my problem?
thanks!!

#2 ·
Rev up to redline and dump the clutch. You can't do low RPM burnouts, it's not a mustang. It's really easy to do burnouts in a 318, I've done lots a long time ago when I didn't care about what I was doing to the car.

My theory, burnouts and donuts are stupid, you wear out almost everything on the car 100 times faster and what do you have to show for it? A cloud of smoke and some tire marks? Blah..

The problem with BMW's seem to be the clutch. All the non-M3 clutches suck. They slip so bad it makes it impossible to have the clutch grip at high RPM's.

Bry

#4 ·
Not to say that I can do burnouts all day long in my 318i 5spd but I have definately spun out when the road has been dry. My car has a sport package and the clutch is stiff but very quick. I have another 323i '99 in my family and the clutch on that sucks soo much I'd rather drive my friend's Nissan Altima w/ that clutch than the 323i. Quick question though, does the sport package add a little to the clutch or would the clutch be the same just as any other '96 318i would?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.