BMW Werkz banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

318' E36 Fuel Gauge And Temp Gauge Problems Help!!

13K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  tillymint 
#1 ·
My 1992 e36 318i has had a few electrical problems recently, first is the fuel and temp gauges. One day the needles just didnt work and i thought ill check the fuses. I found that the fuse was blown but about 5 mins after i replaced it, it blew again. Could it be short circuited from the temp gauge light because that hasnt worked since i bought the car a few months ago or has anyone had any problems like this? Secondly the brake lights stopped working today. I have no brake lights but all other lights work ie reverse and signals. I thought i'd maybe replace the light bulbs but it didnt help. I didnt see any blown fuses either in the fuse box in the eng bay. Could it be a faulty stoplight switch or something? are bimmers known to have this many electrical problems? if so im gonna get rid of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated :) thanks

#2 ·
#8 ·
i recently had a problem like this with my bmw seemed to have all the same things going wrong, i have sorted out the problem with mine but i thought i would put my answer to it on the site just incase anyone else comes accross the same.

my rear light electrical board where all the bulbs go in had caroded silghtly once it had been cleaned up and new bulbs put in the problem was sorted.

im happy again now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.