BMW Werkz banner

316i, Wtf? I Need Bmw Information Expertise.

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Arakon 
#1 ·
Okay my car is labeled as a 316i but on just about every BMW site there is no listing at all for it parts wise, is it basicly the same as the 318i with just a smaller engine?

Will parts for the 318i work on the 316i, specifically electronics like an alarm system...

#3 ·
er...dunno about their. but over here in south africa, the 316 has the same engine as the 318 (i.e. also a 1.8ltr), the only diffrences where an older gearbox, and/or diff. sum stuff like that. interior options and shyte. weighed abt 200kg's more

#5 ·
Originally posted by Arakon@Feb 7 2005, 01:09 AM
Okay my car is labeled as a 316i but on just about every BMW site there is no listing at all for it parts wise, is it basicly the same as the 318i with just a smaller engine?

Will parts for the 318i work on the 316i, specifically electronics like an alarm system...
[snapback]287151[/snapback]​

The weight of the engine is more or less the same. All suspension parts from the 318 or that were made for the 318 will work no problem. All alarm systems are compatable with each other through the BMW E36 model range. You should have no problem with them. I'm using a Viper alarm originally from an E30 M3 on my E36 318i.

Bry

#6 ·
Originally posted by Autotechnica@Feb 8 2005, 01:03 PM

The weight of the engine is more or less the same. All suspension parts from the 318 or that were made for the 318 will work no problem. All alarm systems are compatable with each other through the BMW E36 model range. You should have no problem with them. I'm using a Viper alarm originally from an E30 M3 on my E36 318i.

Bry
[snapback]287969[/snapback]​
Awesome, thanks! That was actually next on my list... looking at the suspension, I'm going to look into making my ride smoother and quieter. May have to install sound insulation throught the whole carriage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.