BMW Werkz banner

3 beeps

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Davetherave890 
#1 ·
Hiya

so when i got my car 325 tds se there is no user manuel so every now and then my car beeps at me and i dont know why.

Sometimes it beeps once and the temp flashes up,. so safe to assume that thats telling me the temp is whatever.

however sometimes it beeps 3 beeps at me in succesion, sometimes when driving, sometimes when stationary,

someone said this is the weather warning that its below 0 and to be weary of hazrdous conditons, although ive noticed it beeps when my diesel guage hits the low line.

does it do both, or is it one or the other, or even neither of the above suggestions.

looking forward to clearing this random beeping mystery up cheers :)

#2 ·
The beeps are probably from the "memo" feature on your OBC. The way I understand it, if you push the "memo" button, a little light appears on your display screen, and you'll get these beeps a few minutes before each hour. It's to remind you that the top of the hour is coming up. It won't stop until you hit the "memo" button again.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the beeping would be the Memo function. On the On Board Computer (OBC) under the clock display there are 4 buttons. One of them says Memo. This beeps at the xx:59 of every hour - the function is to alert drivers of the coming hour so they can tune to the hourly news report. On the clock display, you will see a dot with some arc shapes coming from it, like a speaker sort of symbol. If you see this, its activated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.