2dr, 4dr. And Cams - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 11:24 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
someguy is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
ok....i feel pretty dumb sometimes and today is that day....whats the body dif. between the 2 and 4 door, i.e. headlamps and tail fitment. whats the dif and why wont they fit each other????is it a very simple mod to make it work, i dont want to go in this blind. also i want cams but dont think they are worth a $1000 any good cheaper cams available then the ones offered through reigher. im having alot of trouble finding things i want for my car and the things i do find are overpriced for the product

<span style='color:blue'>//</span><span style='color:red'>/</span><span style='color:gray'>M3</span>

27levels web design
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 11:29 PM
5th Gear Member

Rooz is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes the Shrick Cams are the only cams that I know avaiable for upgrade and they are pricey....

And 2dr tails are more like a rectangle
4dr are more like a square...

Sry, but easiest way to describe them...

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking shit and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
#3 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 11:42 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
thanks that helps for the tails any idea about heads???? cams are really sucking my butthole dry...for the price of the cam i could build my own turbo kit. but ive read more positives about all motor then forced induction. my take seems that they just dont really like high boost which im addicted to...uhg to many wants and not enough money...thanks though for the help.

<span style='color:blue'>//</span><span style='color:red'>/</span><span style='color:gray'>M3</span>

27levels web design
#4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 12:09 AM
5th Gear Member

Am pretty sure headlights are the same for both 2dr and 4dr but am not 100% Sure.

And I wouldn't mess with a Turbo unless if you plan to do it right from the start and first getting your engine ready to be able to handle the boost

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

Quote:
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking shit and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
#5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 09:16 AM
4th Gear Member

93 325i is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 93 325i
our cars can take 400 hp with stock internals. But My suggestion is that you drive around in a 318 for a few minutes then hop in your M. Theres your 100 hp boost right there haha

Complete mod list and pics:

My 1993 325i
#6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 01:04 PM
5th Gear Member

how much HP a car can handle is diff than how much boost (PSI) it can handle

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

Quote:
#7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 01:36 PM
4th Gear Member

93 325i is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 93 325i
how else can you get to 400hp without forced induction? I have seen a totally stock internal 328 handle boost that turned out 450 hp in the dyno..the vid is on ICSPerformance.com..

Complete mod list and pics:

My 1993 325i
#8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 03:12 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
Cams are just not cheap for an e36 M3, sorry. But take a look here, www.turnermotorspot.com

As far as body differences, the 4 door version tail lights (like Rooz said) are not as lengthy and look a bit mroe like a square compared to the rectangular types for the coupe.

The front turn signals are different. I cant really recall the difference but the 4 door and 2 door front corners are not interchangable.

Also another difference between the coupe and sedan is that the coupe, has 2 doors, and the sedan, has 4 doors. Go figure!

And as far as boost goes, i'd stay away from it for awhile. The engines just arent meant for high boost at all. I think your car's compression ratio is like 12.1:1 or somethign ridiculously high. Try and stick to bolt ons and other addons for the time being. Reliability will take a downhill spin also with boost, and since you are sucked dry for money I think it's smart to stay away for a bit.

Good Luck!

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 10:19 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
thanks for the help. as for turbo, ive built enough kits to know what im doing. id run realisticly about 7psi. and would worry about internals til i needed them. no point in fixin something that aint broke....lol

27levels web design
#10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 12:56 PM
Neutral Member

NESS is an unknown quantity at this point
Check out bimmerforums.com and boostjunky.com theres alot of people there with turbo on their bimmers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)