BMW Werkz banner

Ebay Hit And Run

3K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Lunardc 
#1 ·
Yo, so I need an air mass meter sensor right? so I go to ebay and found one for 60 bucks which beats out 350 at the dealer. I pay the guy immediately and wait for it to ship. 2 weeks pass by I e-mail him, he tells me he sent it. What a freakin liar!!! I found out like a couple of days ago he quit ebay! his name is germanexclusive, so if u ever see a name similar to that, o and his email is like back2thefuture or some crap, but yea, if u ever see that name around beat him down for me please! Thanx guys....Sooo....I have been in and out of these forum discussions, I need an air mass sensor if anyone knows of a good place to get them. car almost complete. and i did it all myself! :D

#8 ·
Originally posted by Henri@Oct 20 2004, 07:01 AM
If you paid using Paypal, you can fill a claim and if the seller doesn't answer within 10 days, you'll receive complete refund.

Look into your paypal account for a tab called RESOLUTION CENTER.

Good luck! B)

Henri
[snapback]214647[/snapback]​

even better if you payed in check or MO and sent it via US mail. im pretty sure it becomes a federal offense.

#9 ·
Originally posted by Hoppy's535i+Oct 20 2004, 09:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hoppy's535i @ Oct 20 2004, 09:57 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Henri@Oct 20 2004, 07:01 AM
If you paid using Paypal, you can fill a claim and if the seller doesn't answer within 10 days, you'll receive complete refund.

Look into your paypal account for a tab called RESOLUTION CENTER.

Good luck!  B)

Henri
[snapback]214647[/snapback]​

even better if you payed in check or MO and sent it via US mail. im pretty sure it becomes a federal offense.
[snapback]214727[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

ooooh! good point, then there is a better record of who got the $$$.

#10 ·
he says he sent it. UPS/Fedex keep records. and insurance.

If he shipped USPS w/o confirmation, then you stand no chance of recovering money if he did ship it and it got lost. however, filing a complaint will require him to produce evidence it shipped.

#12 ·
I had the same problems with a seller euro_part_trader.
I did recieve my items, but they weren't OEM as described, and dude refused to refund me. Items also arrived broken (clear tails). I sent them back and my credit card company refunded me ( I payed with paypal).
Good luck, and salam (see that crazy shit about the 911 and "muslims"). I got pissed and went off. :yezfunny

If you didnt recieve item paypal and ebay can help you (I think). Otherwise, contact your credit card and see what they can do for you--if you paid by credit.

#13 ·
Originally posted by El Presidente@Oct 21 2004, 06:41 AM
he says he sent it. UPS/Fedex keep records. and insurance.

If he shipped USPS w/o confirmation, then you stand no chance of recovering money if he did ship it and it got lost. however, filing a complaint will require him to produce evidence it shipped.
[snapback]214928[/snapback]​
Yo El... that damage look nasty..have you got a quote for that damage yet? Could you tell us if you don't mind :thumbs

#16 ·
I feel for you El Pres.
And I'm guessing that the SUV barely had any damage.
That really sux.
:nope

#18 ·
soory about your misfortune! what goes around comes around. fortunately for me, i bought mine on ebay for 40 bucks and the guy was so trusting that he sent me the item before i even paid for it because he was going on a trip. I received the item in perfect condition. I mailed his $$ after that. A rare moment on ebay!

#19 ·
Thanks for all the helpfull info fellas! Too bad I always forget to come back to check my posts cuz i'm such a pot head! hahah...nah, keep that off records..
so i got screwd with the bmw air mass, i lost money, but i just got another for 60 bucks. I received it and everything went thru smoothly. But now the problem is, that it was an m3 air mass sensor and I got a 325is 93 and it doesn't fit the pin holes right. It does have the 4 pins needed and looks similar but just won't fit. I'm thinking about ghetto rigging it like i do with everything else. But if anyone has any comments on what i can do about it that would be much appreciated! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.