BMW Werkz banner

Windows & Sunroof Still Not Working

7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  4DR Daemon 
#1 ·
Still have no power windows/sunroof. Hoping someone can help. I can't seem to find (or not sure htat I have) the comfort relay in my 96 318ti.

You'll notice in the pic that there's the drop down relay holder minus the blue relay. In my case, the blue relay is not the typical comfort relay - rather, it controls the headlights. To be on the safe side, I even replaced the blue relay - no luck. I can't seem to find the comfort relay anywhere. Today, I took apart the passanger dash.

Anyway, pics follow. If anyone can help, I'd be sooooo appreciative!

[attachmentid=13070]

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
different comfort relay

I found this on ebay. I talkedto the seller and it he said that this was the comfort relay they sent him and that his was not located under dash. Does anyone have an idea as to where my CR might be llocated?

He mentioned it might be somewhere near the sunroof. I looked around, and all I see is the motor. Would it be hiding in the headliner somewhere?

THanks!

#3 ·
9 months, when you read my "fix," please bear in mind that I went w/o "window control" for 9 months, but I hope this helps someone if they have the same situation!

Turns out, there was a bad fuse, except it was not the power window fuse or relay; rather, it was the electric lock fuse. Central locking/electric locks worked fine, so I never thought to check, but on Friday, I examined every fuse, and the electric lock fuse was burnt. Swapped it out (5 Amps.), and now they work!

ARGHHHH... 9 months of frustration for such a simple thing!

#6 ·
Originally posted by 93 325i@May 31 2005, 01:40 PM
lol, i was gonna say to check all fuses under the hood.. that sucks but at least u finally got it
[snapback]349047[/snapback]​
Your looking for the comfort relay on the wrong side of the car, I believe it's on the drivers side. It's located way up in the knee bloster, very hard to see...

#7 ·
i am currently going thru the same thing, i was told that all i need is the module for the windows, sunroof, and wipers. are all 3 in the same module? the wiring harness is from a 96, if you dont recall 325i daemon had the wiring harness get fried on him and he replaced it with one from a 96 325i 4dr. the wipers are working just the sunroof and windows are not working, and i have checked all of the fuses and relays in the engine compartment. any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.