2 Problems, 1 major, 1 minor.. 94 BMW 325i, Please Help! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 11:07 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
GoDodgers is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
2 Problems, 1 major, 1 minor.. 94 BMW 325i, Please Help!

Hi, im new here and seek serious advice.. I dont have triple A to tow to a shop or a bunch of money to shell out if I dont have to..

Well im gonna start out with the major problem..

The car wont start. This happened suddenly. I figured it was the fuel pump as the car cranks but doesnt start. Seemed to me like it wasnt getting any gas..
So i took the fuel pump out and tried the start the car and the fuel pump looked and sounded fine. Even a little gas shot out of one of the little holes.. At this point im really confused.. Could it be the fuel filter? The car has 110,000 miles on it and ive changed the fuel pump before and went through about 2-3 computers..
But the engine is good and the car drives great..

Anyway, heres a video of what the car sounds like when i try to start it. I know an accurate diagnosis cant be relied upon by this video but maybe i can get some advice.. Here you go!!

What do you guys think?

And heres the minor annoying problem i have... The parking lights wont go off after i turn the car off.. Its weird. So everytime i park i have to unplug the freakin battery. Pretty annoying. What on earth could that be? To top it off, when i open the trunk, the lights go off!!! Then when i shut the trunk the lights come back on. All with out the key in the ignition.. Weird stuff.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 11:38 PM
4DoorWhore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lord Vader is on a distinguished road
The speakers on the computer im using arent the greatest so it was hard to hear. . You clearly have power so its not the battery. Common causes of it not starting include the crankshaft position sensor, camshaft position sensor.

Check for spark at the plugs. Remove and test each one. You can do this by removing it the plug and coil pack and starting the engine and looking for spark.

As for the light issue, you probably have a short somewhere. The trunk lights coming off when you open it probably means the wiring loom leading into the trunk is probably frayed. Its common.

ProjectTechnik.com - Alberta based BMW Community
See My car on Project Technik HERE!

And Follow Me on Instagram @E36M52

Founding Member of the Canyonrot Club! Paint Code #343

| OE M3 Bumper | M3 Mirrors | Max Velocity GTR Lip | Euro ZKW Projector Headlights | Jim Conforti CF CAI | UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys | 18x8 ASA AR1's | Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)