Figured out what the problem was. Lucky for me I started working as a Designer in the Instrument Cluster group at Continental. ( Side note, Continental bought out Siemens Automotive group which is the company that made my cluster.
) I started asking around about the "Dead" spots, about 1 inch diameter in size in 4 different spots. No one here could think of anything, so we wanted to take the pointers off the stepper motors, but were not sure if we should. We asked around to a couple people that have been here a while, they said NOT to remove the pointers because then you will have to recalibrate the stepper motors. Meaning you can not pull the pointer off and put it back on and have it work correctly. So we started looking at it with an led and noticed that the dial is glued to the acrylic. Then we notice that in one spot, there was a clear area, that was where one of the dead spots were. So the dial was coming unglued from the clear acrylic. So we pressed everything back down and now all the dead spots are gone. I wish I had taken a picture, if it happens again I will.