BMW Werkz banner

1995 BMW 318i Temp Computer / Clock Problems

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  valiant1 
#1 ·
Anyone know about the temperature / data computer and clock just under the climate controls? The clock bulb seems to be out and the temperature is always about 10 degrees higher. Is it measuring outside air? Is there a sensor?

Also, notices other bmw's have more elaborate data computers - is there any way to switch these out? Do they all come with the same wiring?

Thx.

Valiant

#2 ·
hahaha. what else is new. the temp on those things are never very accurate. check the location of the sensor. i believe it should be the drivers side brake duct. and make sure its not dangling inside the engine bay (it picks up the ambient temp of the engine bay , creating extra heat) also for the clock they are simple bulbs to be changed . pop the OBC (on board computer) by using your fingers and popping it out throught the sunglass holder located below it. then there should be a series of bulbs located on the top rear of the OBC. replace the one that are out. as for switching out the OBC. i wouldnt bother.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.