BMW Werkz banner

1995 325i Overheating Problem

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  hstack 
#1 ·
Folks, Help please,

My daughters car has been overheating severely. She got it real hot.

So I changed the thermostat & pump and no difference. You could tell they were OK - changed them anyway.
I also changed the overflow expansion tank because it had some major leaks and the inside baffles were broke apart. I don't know if this was the root cause of the problem or a result of me adding cold water to the hot engine(I know bad)

The the inside heater is not working either.

No heat to heater core but car overheating! With engine getting real hot - and not really leaking fluid - does not seem to be burning fluid either, what could it be? Does leak a little oil though and uses fluid a little each time run.

Is it the head gasket? Why would that affect the heater core?
Is is a blockage? Could a piece of expansion tank material be lodged somewhere in the heater control valves or lines.

All fuses are OK....

Thoughts anyone?

Thank

Harley

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
overheating: did u purge/bleed the cooling system?

inside heater... there is an electric valve by the firewall near ur brake booster. if that fails to open, the u won't have heat inside. With engine at normal temp. follow the heater lines to the firewall. they should feel hot.

The lines being hot but no cabin heat?... change that valve and/or make sure it has voltage whenever u switchover to HOT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.