BMW Werkz banner

19 inch rear tires

4K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  Redbullrr 
#1 ·
19 inch rear tires

what size will not rub for a 1997 328iC for the rear tires?

No suspension mods.

#6 ·
i've just got some cheap lowering spring, ventura's i think.

the ride quality isn't that bad but its greatly reduced if you're used to driving stock suspension and wheels/tyres.

i suppose its like driving a normal car like a ford or something, but the look of the car is second to none.

u from wales?

#7 ·
Hey I'm riding 19 by 8 with 40 series tires in the front and 19 by 9.5 with 40 series tires, how the hell do you lower your car 15mm were? Do you buy springs or get the oem springs cut. How does the ride seem after this drop. My car was rubbing in the back until I rolled the lip in the quarter panel. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. The rear of my car looks nice, but the front is a tad bit high for my taste.

#10 ·
Your car looks very nice as is! I love those wheels.
Dropping it by the use of shorter and stiffer springs will probable require rolling the fenders, but this depends on your wheel offset. Check wheel offset our on google if you like.
Here is a little test I made up: Put weight on the front and rear of the car to compress the springs the amount you want them lowered. Now see if the fenders are touching the front/rear tires. Also keep in mind that the suspension will need to compres beyond that point. It's pretty tight under there!

#17 ·
Mudders...

Cruzin 323is said:
IMO... i think 19's are over doing it.. i think 17/18 inch rims are plenty fine....

Yeah if you're gonna use 19's you might as well get some all-terrain tires as well.

Take a look at what they offer over at Tire Rack. Only one or two 19's offered, dozens of 17's and 18's to choose from, along with the correct tire size.

Mike

#19 ·
Cruzin 323is said:
IMO... i think 19's are over doing it.. i think 17/18 inch rims are plenty fine....

off topic a bit but Dom where did you get your front lip?

back on topic. 19's look so hot on e36's. stock suspension youll be ok depending on what size tire you throw on those rims. but if you lower even a bit, do what the boys say and roll the fenders.

#20 ·
Well personally, I think the 19's look sick. I had 18's on my integra, so I had to go bigger and personally I think they look sick, I constantly get compliments for it. However I still want to drop it. I dont plan on putting this car on the track so if I loose a little perfomance (witch I doubt cause when a car is lowered it hugs the ground better, but whatever). Really what I'm looking for is appearance, and I hate to break it to you guys but 17's look really tiny compared to my 19's.LOL Just my .02

#21 ·
Redbullrr said:
Well personally, I think the 19's look sick. I had 18's on my integra, so I had to go bigger and personally I think they look sick, I constantly get compliments for it. However I still want to drop it. I dont plan on putting this car on the track so if I loose a little perfomance (witch I doubt cause when a car is lowered it hugs the ground better, but whatever). Really what I'm looking for is appearance, and I hate to break it to you guys but 17's look really tiny compared to my 19's.LOL Just my .02
Well, I think tires can be too big. To my eye, 19's look good on E46's. But on our cars, 17's seem just right. Only my .02 also, or is it .25 with inflation? As another member said, "If you're happy, I'm thrilled". The problem i have is the foot of clearance at the front tires. Thought about trying to just lower the front, probably not a good idea.

#22 ·
Hey Tom, I have 40 series tires and there only 235 in width. Def the gap in the front is what's urking me.But when the car is driving or sitting still it looks really nice with the wheels. 17 looks good with a meaty tire, but like I said I did the whole racing thing with my last car, I just want this car to look good and professional. I'm a consultant and appearance is were its at if you know what I mean.

#23 ·
Redbullrr said:
Hey Tom, I have 40 series tires and there only 235 in width. Def the gap in the front is what's urking me.But when the car is driving or sitting still it looks really nice with the wheels. 17 looks good with a meaty tire, but like I said I did the whole racing thing with my last car, I just want this car to look good and professional. I'm a consultant and appearance is were its at if you know what I mean.
I know exactly what you mean. Worked with the public for about 35 years. And I'm not criticizing, just my opinion. Thinking now about what I can do to the front without fooling with the rear stance. Maybe air bags? NAW!

#25 ·
Redbullrr said:
Well, I found a nice set of Eibach Sport Springs, I'm going to get its a 1.5 inch drop in the front and 1 inch drop in the back. these springs are good cause it gives you the aggresive look with out loosing the luxury feeling ride. Cant wait. WOO HOO

Looking at the Bilstein's BTS kit myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.