BMW Werkz banner

how long do 3 series last?

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  jimwww 
#1 ·
I am considering buying a slightly used 3 series sedan and was wondering how many miles you can put on them before they need a lot of maintenance (ie. engine rebuild, new clutch/transmission, etc.) Can anyone help?

thx in advance,
someGUY

#3 ·
well, i am a 20 year old Valet Attendent, i have gotten into some 1992 e36's, with 180k+ miles on them, and they ran nicely, Bimmers are BUILT LIKE TANKS!!! they hang around forever, i still see some E30's around.. HANGING ON STRONG with 200k+... but, u better have some money if it needs some fixing.. they arn't cheep to fix... BUY THE BIMMER AND BALL!!

#4 ·
why do you keep posting the same post in 3 forums. You've heard what eveyone's said, they are almost bullet proof depending on the care given to the car... pretty much holds true with any car with a solid history and regular maintenance

let me see what all the fun in double posting is by copying this into all of your posts

#5 ·
Man I have a 96 318i. When I bought it had 190,000 miles on it.

It how has close to 220,000 miles on it. The car has had good

maintance; that's one reason it is runing so good. The most I've

spent on parts was an air compressor which was around 590. And

this was at a BMW shop. Overall their great cars and nothing comes

close to there performence nor durablity.

#6 ·
My sons E30 325 has 235,000 and never has opened up . We just replaced the Timing belt and water pump . It runs like a Swiss watch.

#7 ·
When my friend bought mine for me, the guy he bought it from had a 94 328 that had like 275,000 on it.
That is just nuts to me

#8 ·
I have a 190,000 km on my orig clutch... my friends' 1994 325 has 200,000 miles on his orig clutch.

Examples of the quality of the cars..

I love these cars.. (way more than I thought I would be)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.