BMW Werkz banner

I want a cup holder

3K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  TMac325is 
#1 ·
I'd like to put in a cupholder in my 94 325i and am not sure what the best option is. I really don't want one of those things that stick on the air vent or on the door.

Bavauto has a cupholder to go in the ashtray/storage area between the front seats...but it's beaucoup bucks, and I'm not sure if my armrest will get in the way.

What have you guys done to solve this issue (don't tell me you hold your coffee/water between your legs!).

Thanks.

#4 ·
what i do is put it next to my parking brake
works like a charm
you need to lodge it in there a little then it wont move at all...
or drive with one hand... its not that hard :D

#5 ·
I'm also looking for some kind of decent cupholder for the E36 central tray between the front seats. There is a really neat aftermarket one available for Audi's which fits into the same type of tray in early Audi's. See here. Anyone know if such a thing exists for the E36? I would gladly replace my ashtray for a decent cup holder.

#11 ·
I tend to drink things in glass bottles because I know the cup holders suck.

Normally my hottie is in the seat next to me so she can hold my drink :rock , otherwise I just use a bottle and wedge it between the console and the passenger seat.

:gulp

#15 ·
I don't have an armrest nor a cupholder.. just a long tray with two ashtrays..
I did think about the bavauto one but one has to buy tray and armrest on top of that.. $130.00 when u r finished.. Didn't anyone drink in their cars in 95?

#16 ·
I asked my local BMW main dealer if there was a cup holder listed for theE36. Turns out there is. It comes as a new frame that holds the existing front ashtray, has a coin holder and then a single cupholder all fitted into the central tray. I have ordered one (£20) and will report back when I get it on Monday.

#19 ·
Spidercrab can you take pics and show us what it looks like when u get it..

#20 ·
For the person who didn't have an armrest - here's what it looks like:

#21 ·
the only thing ive found that fits properly in the cupholders are cans

20 oz sprite bottles i have to sit in the back seat because they fall out of the cupholder

isnt life a bitch?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.