BMW Werkz banner

$100 headers and downpipes

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  the///man 
#1 ·
#4 ·
ahhhh, i'm saving up for a couple weeks and buying a set for around $700 that has equal length tubular headers. much better performance as well as tone of the exhaust note.

#5 ·
screw paying $700, these are only a hundred and have gotten great reviews, I have also seen this same guy selling catback systems for the e36 as well. Wonder how those are?

#6 ·
not me, i'm spending to get the good stuff.

#8 ·
Just to let you know headers barely give you any gain at all.....so spending $700 on headers is retarded.... :screwy

#9 ·
Thank you asio, my point exactly, why don't you save $600 and buy some other mods that will give you more hp then your rip off headers.

#10 ·
then why don't you save some money and buy a honda civic instead of a BMW.

my point exactly. :idea2

#11 ·
Originally posted by the///man@Nov 23 2003, 08:15 AM
bimmerfan...do you have a link to the ones that you are getting?
http://www.stahlheaders.com/Web014P_1.html Since I have a 94 325i, these are the exact ones for my ride, I am planning on placing my order this friday when I roll in the cash, but if you want the exact link for your car the man if it's different let me know.

#12 ·
What the hell are you talking about civics for. You're going to spend 600 unnecessary dollars on some headers that have no proof of what kind of gains you are going to get. I'm positive you could take the $600 you saved and get more power than you would out of the more expensive headers, if you get any gain from them.

#13 ·
sry bimmerfan, but that wouldnt be money well spent. you are going to have to have a cold air intake, free flowing exhaust, and a track pipe to truly feel any power from headers. thats another 1000+ easily. so if i were you and if i wanted to get headers, i would go with something cheaper and save up for all of the other parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.